In digital marketing and all things e-commerce, search engine ranking seems to be such a defining factor to know if your website is well into the competition or not. Apparently, when it is on the first few pages of a search engine, it is doing great in the business. If not, then it is certainly something you have to seriously work on.
One might think that ranking a website is just the same anywhere in the world. While that may be true, since the strategies used are quite universal, it is also vital to prioritize your target market every step of the way. This way, you can be sure that they will always feel appreciated, and will be frequenting your site more often.
Target audiences and people’s interests vary from country to country. What might work for the US might not have the same effect in other countries.
Here, we talk about how you can effectively rank your website in Canada.
- How popular is Google.ca?
In Canada, as in most countries where it exists, Google is the most visited and the most trusted search engine. It remains in the top spot, and what’s interesting is that though a huge chunk of its visitors are from the country itself, they also have frequent visitors from China and the US.
If your business takes a great ranking in Google.ca, you will not only be able to reach to Canada-based people, but also from potential buyers from all over the world.
- Why should you increase your rating in search engines?
To increase a website’s rating is to place it at the top spot. People now are so busy that when they are looking for something in a search engine, if they don’t see it right on the first page, they will probably just search for a different one. To address this, most businesses who have fully embraced digital marketing resorted to Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- How can you improve your SEO rating and ranking?
- Be careful in the keywords you use. The keywords are what make your posts unique. The more specific they are, the better. There are various resources now to know if you’re using a fresh keyword or not. Fresh keywords are needed in your site as they are what can drive your site to the first pages. The key is to always narrow down broad categories. Example, instead of just saying “catering services”, you can use “wedding catering services Alberta”.
- Use high quality graphics that are relevant to your posts. Always use graphics that are in high resolution, but be careful with that too, as it can make your site load slow. In general, graphics should have alt tags that would create backlinks to your website. It is also helpful to make appropriate file names to your images. As a rule, make it as specific as you can.
- Make use of back links. Backlinking is the soul of SEO marketing. Now that it is such an essential part of business, more and more websites offer link exchange programs. They provide links that will direct their visitors and subscribers to your site, and in return, you also provide the same benefit for them. It is a win-win situation that is very welcome in online marketing.
- Keep your website updated. When your site visitors see that it is outdated and only contains contents from last year, they will instantly have the notion that it is an old website and is not being taken care of.
- In Canada, there is a website called ca. It has gained popularity over the years since it provides pretty accurate results about your website’s current ranking in the web. They use data from Google Canada, and has since became the go-to site for businesses when it is time to evaluate where they stand in the competition.
- It is also helpful to check out as many search engines as you know is popular in Canada to have a wider perspective of the areas you have to improve on. There are a few more search engines, such as Bing, MSN,
- Be mindful of your website structure. A search engine ranks your website through how it operates. When your website has content that is easily read and understood, there is a higher chance for it to be ranked higher. Also, it helps if your sit uses unique page titles, H1 tags, and meta descriptions. Those things will help search engines rank you more accurately.
- One of search engines’ results formula is the website’s age. They say websites are like fine wine. Probably because in this very crowded world where websites are just about everywhere, it is already a big deal if you can last for many years and still generate traffic. The older a website is, given that its contents are still relevant and it is constantly being updated, the better ranking it gets. If you’re one of the websites who have been around for quite a while, it is a must to keep up with the times and keep your standing intact as well.
A website is only as good as its contents. To make people visit it, it has to be interesting and informative. Time is more valuable now that our lives are so fast paced. We tend to skimp on it and only spend it on things we need or things we know can help us.
As much as possible, keep your website rich in content. Market your content, share relevant tips and promote your products at the same time. You can write your own press releases, produce articles to guest post on industry-related blogs and maybe take online courses about SEO marketing and how to improve your website ranking.
When you focus your mind on your business and really make it a goal to keep it as good as it gets, no matter how challenging, it is never impossible. Remember that all types of businesses, be it online or offline, needs proper maintenance and be always up to date to keep doing well. In the case of online business, quality and unique content, effective SEO marketing and good ranking are what it takes to make it work.