When you take your website marketing seriously, you have probably thought of finally hiring a professional SEO company.
The fundamental bits and parts of digital marketing can be quite overwhelming that it is not easy to learn. You might just end up wanting to pay for someone who you know can do the job effectively for you.
Now that online marketing is a norm, SEO companies seem to be just about anywhere. They could be messaging you to promote their services, or you could be the one scouring the World Wide Web to look for them yourself. However you might find it, it is always best to have a guide or criteria to help you decide which of them is perfect for what you want for your company.
- Just because they have a great website does not automatically mean they are the best SEO company. Remember, website design and development is different from Search Engine Optimization. While they are very closely related, they do not mean the same thing. You still have to ask for their portfolio, or other proofs about their work for other companies.
- Read reviews.As in shopping online, it is imperative to check reviews online, or even testimonials to at least have an idea of what they can offer. Usually, the reviews you can see online are reputable enough, as people are generally honest when they do them. They will unlikely promote a company that gave them bad service.
- Make a list of what your company needs. SEO companies vary because of the services they offer. Usually, they have packages you can choose from. There are instances when a number of SEO companies provide the same set of packages. In such cases, it will be easier to choose which company to hire when they have different prices for the same packages. Of course, you get to choose the most affordably priced of them all.
However, when they have the same pricing, that is where you should take more effort in reviewing their services. Perhaps you can ask if they have value-added services, perks for first time customers, etc.
- Schedule for a consultation.Most SEO companies offer this for free. This is where they will try to sell their services and convince you to hire them. You should then ask questions about their services and also make as much clarifications as you deem necessary. It is important to let them what you need, what budget you have, and most essentially, if they can provide it within your means.
- Get multiple consultations from different companies. It is helpful to check as much SEO companies as you can. You can know them better and have a glimpse of how they operate when you actually talk to them. It is necessary to have a couple of choices before actually plunging to a contract with a single company. Aside from reviews found online, it is best to have firsthand experience by setting an appointment with them.
- Ask for a list of their past and current clients. This one will surely help you narrow down your choices. If you ask for their analytics and results, they might not give you exactly that, as some results can be considered confidential. Also, you have to remember that companies’ needs vary, which means strategies in SEO marketing will also vary.
- When you know who their clients are, see how they do and ask for references if possible. This can be tricky, as a company they have worked for can be your direct competitor. If not, this will be an easy task. You can also just look at the web to see if these companies make the cut in the ranking. If so, then you know they really are good at their job.
- Ask if they can help you improve your ranking in local search engine results. This one factor is often overlooked, but is just as equally important as all the others. If your business has a huge chunk of its clients in your local area, it is essential to improve your search engine ranking to generate more traffic and even attract new customers.
- Ask them how they know if a particular SEO strategy is successful. While you are at it, you can also ask them what SEO strategies they offer to clients. Ask about how quick the turnaround is, and how long before the results actually reflect on the search engine ranking. If you can sense that their promise is too good to be true, do not fall for it. Run as fast as you can, if you could. The more reasonable their answers are about how they operate, the more you can trust them
- Be aware of their fees and payment terms. With this one, you should make sure that both you and the company are on the same page. Know how flexible they are with their payment terms, and be ready to perhaps compromise to their terms. While it might not be as you want it to be, if you think they are worth it, then by all means go for it.
In choosing the SEO company, instead of looking for the best, make it more a priority to look for the company that is right for you. What is the best for other businesses might not be the best for you, as you might have different needs.
You have to choose an SEO company that shares the same values and ideas as your company. If you have the same objectives, it is a given that things will fall into place and you will have a great working relationship. The results will turn out best when you share the same principles, which is always good for the business.
Also, you have to make sure their consultants and marketing officers will share with you what changes they will make on your website. To achieve good SEO results, tags and meta descriptions have to be altered, given those are where the problems come from.
As a conclusion, take your time in choosing a reliable and trustworthy SEO company before actually signing and committing on a contract. Do a research, read reviews online and make a choice using actual SEO results.