Anywhere you may be, e-commerce is surely a great deal in the business world and the economy. Canada is absolutely not an exception.
It is even among the very first countries to fully embrace digital marketing, SEO, as well as other types of online businesses and e-commerce enterprises.
There is basically just a few ways to market a business site wherever you might be located in. Website marketing and promotions share a common objective everywhere in the world. Then again, the difference it might have is the variety of interests people might have according to where they live.
Of course, the target market or audience is always the number one priority. They make up your business, and at the same time can also very well break your business if you allow it to.
In Canada, as a specific example, there might be strategies that will work there perfectly but would not help as much in other places.
How do top Canada-based websites market themselves?
- Make the most of Google. Verify and update your Google Local Business listing. Remember to also link your website there so people know how and where to exactly find you. Nowadays, even conventional offline businesses use the internet to market their items and services.
- Use the good old press releases. Contrary to popular belief that press releases cannot work anymore during this so-called Computer Age, they still do. Of course, press releases should now reflect the current trends and interests of the new generation. There are still free press release sources around that you can check out.
- Start your own business blog. People are smarter now. They tend to research the web for information about a certain product or service that have piqued their interest. This is why rich content is now a must for every business site. Not only will you be able to inform people about your product’s edge among the others, it is also a great way to promote. As they say “promote not just the product but also the problem it solves.”
- Make sensible, original comments on popular websites. Be sure that these comments are well thought of and relevant to the content. It will also help to only comment on sites that also reflect your own. Put your website’s URL to enable people to get to it. In turn, it could also be a way to improve your SEO ranking and generate more traffic.
- Social media marketing integration. Be everywhere. In Facebook, there is an option to boost your post to be able to reach more people who are part of your target audience. Aside from Facebook, businesses have also began using Twitter, Instagram, and even Snapchat. Always include interesting one liners and relevant images on your posts to make sure you lure them enough to make them visit your website.
- Market your content. If you have been providing content from day one, you might want to amp that up a bit and also market it. Always include write ups that are relevant to what you are selling. If people realize how much information they can gain when on your site, it is only natural that they will keep coming back for more.
- Do not forget the importance of customer service. If you have none yet, consider developing your very own customer care department. Short on workforce? Just do it yourself. Keep in mind that your customers are the main reasons why you are still surviving in online business. It is not always easy to give in to their demands or caprices, but when you have the thinking of how they make up your business, it will be way easier to deal with them. Make sure they have a good time. Referrals and word of mouth can still work in this technical age.
- Keep banner ads to a minimum. We know it is how you earn, but when your customers and even site visitors are being constantly bombarded by countless pop ups and banner ads, they might get annoyed and leave. They might not even frequent your website anymore if they are among the people who are easily irritated with such things. If you must keep the ads, keep them to the minimum. Always make sure they have a delightful time every time they visit your website.
- Offer a reward to make them sign up on your newsletter or register on your website. It can be a few discount on an item, anything you think can attract first timers to keep going back to your business site. With this one, you can combine social media marketing. Use your social networks to market your new offers and then go from there.
- Back up reviews and recommendations about your business. Oftentimes, people who are in doubt when buying online see product reviews as their guide if a particular company or website is trustworthy enough. Make sure you have proofs of legitimacy and smooth transactions.
While not exactly easy yet not very challenging, promoting a business website is always a task that needs both research and laser focus. You should always consider what target market you have to reach, and to always be mindful of the content you publish to gain interest.
As with any type of business, promotions and marketing need to be done as carefully planned as possible. The advantage of online marketing is how easy it is to disseminate information, although that one can be deemed one of its disadvantages as well.
The clincher is to be updated with the trends. To reach out to your customers is to get to know them by heart. What will interest them, what will attract them, and most of all, what your business can offer to be able to help them. In marketing, remember what has driven you to start the business in the first place, so you’ll keep that objective as your motivation when you start brainstorming for marketing strategies.
There are far more things you can do to market your business online. As mentioned above, be updated with the trends and keep it as interesting as you know your clients would want it. Prospects usually depend on customers who are using your products or services in local searches. If you are targeting a specific country like Canada, consistent local website marketing is extremely necessary. Digital marketing SEO